Saturday, January 2, 2021

Visiting Saint-Eustache, Quebec during the Pandemic

When quarantine was lifted sometime in August, we took the advantage of going some place we've never been to. The day started cloudy, but the summer sun finally showed up during our scenic drive. We chose St Eustache, a suburb off-island of Montreal. I wanted to take my husband to a cabane a sucre (sugar shack) or to a cabane a pomme (apple shack) but both were closed on the weekend, I'm guessing because of the virus. We are not big fans of apple picking but any excuse to go some place green and filled with nature was surely an inviting idea. 

While seated on the passenger seat, many wonderful things about my childhood spent during summertime resurfaced. The drive was pleasant and smooth-- one that called for a travel down memory lane. :)

Jardins Michel Corbeil was a sure retreat from the warm afternoon sun. I think we paid $8 for the entrance fee. It was nestled between corn fields and cute, cozy cottages. It was mainly a plant nursery and garden center. Those who were inclined to horticulture would find this a gem.

Edamame field
Edamame field, hair up :p
What would you write?
Did somebody say ferns?
If I could only spend my days here...
What a lovely refuge <3
clear blue skies behind the majestic willow tree
before
after
gumamelas or hibiscus are colorful ornamental plants commonly found in my hometown, the Philippines <3
Mr & Mrs Ong enjoying the beautiful weather
stop the car and take a photo of me
look left, look right, no cars in sight... strike a pose :p
good bye St Eustache, it's time for supper :p

No comments:

Post a Comment