Monday, January 4, 2021

Rest in Peace

Today is a sad day, I am one with my former coworkers as we mourn the death of our friend, R. Life is indeed fleeting. Here today, gone tomorrow. I am filled with great regrets that I was not even able to say hi, how are you while he was battling cancer. I thought I still had tomorrow, but I failed to realize it is never promised. I always tried to put it off for reasons so close to home. I was afraid the feelings of grief and hurt from my mother's passing that I tried to keep at bay would resurface. I wish I could have said hello and tell him his fast recovery was in my prayers at night.

There are always words left unsaid and actions left undone. Sometimes, we don't know if second chances will ever come. I hope I take this realization to heart.

You will be sorely missed, R. Soar high for there are no more pain and suffering in heaven. </3

No comments:

Post a Comment