Thursday, July 12, 2012

Let's Not Cry

I'm bawling as I type because of Sir Dolphy's Necrological Service, that I've missed out on last night. I cannot imagine the pain and longing the entire family is feeling right now. :(
The most recent thing I've got on death was when my Lola Itak, shortened for Silvestre, passed away four years ago. I didn't know how I've managed to pass my examination when I found out about her death. She was 94 years old and was very ready to leave. We all were, too. Kind of. I watched Mama trying to hold back the tears and remain strong for the other members of the family. I've seen her cry at night when she thinks no one was watching her. And I tell you, it's hard to have someone so close to you leave when you wish you could make even more memories together.
Like Dolphy, my grandmother made things easier and happier for us all. My eyes have bore witness to the many times her children fostered generosity and forgiveness-- not only for her sake, but for peace to reign in their hearts. In the trying times our family have faced, we rely on her wisdom and strength. But when she got really sick, our strength was also slowly ceasing. And then we remembered how our Creator has been really selfless and loving by lending His child to us for yet another day. Finally, it was time to lift her, along with her sufferings, to the Lord. "A person can only hold on for so long and one day, she has to return to where she really belongs," I heard Mama say.
Like Lola, who is dearly missed and daily remembered, Dolphy's existence has been one of great meaning. Thank you for your time and for sharing with us your talent, love, and wisdom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment